Latest Formula One News
FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Marchionne plays down loss of engineers
Sergio Marchionne has played down some high-profile personnel losses at Ferrari.
Renault eyes Spanish driver for future
Renault has admitted it might be interested in signing up a Spanish driver in the future.
Ferrari splits with reserve Vergne
Jean-Eric Vergne has confirmed that he will no longer work with Ferrari in 2017.
Villeneuve tips Vettel to shine in 2017
Jacques Villeneuve has tipped Sebastian Vettel to be a standout performer in 2017.
Mercedes curious to see Honda progress
Mercedes' engine chief has admitted to being "curious" to spot Honda's progress of the winter period.
Big teams deserve more money says Marko
Bigger teams deserve more income because they give more to the sport.
FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Marko backs Brawn over DRS axe
Red Bull is backing calls for F1 to rid itself of the controversial 'DRS' overtaking solution.
Too early for Verstappen title in 2017
Max Verstappen's father has played down the 19-year-old Dutchman's chances of winning the world championship in 2017.
Stroll defends private F1 testing world tour
Lance Stroll has played down the secrecy of his unprecedented private test programme as he prepares to debut in 2017.
Bottas to heed Hakkinen's title-winning advice
Valtteri Bottas says he is happy to have a two-time world champion in his corner as he steps up to F1's top team in 2017.
Sainz is Red Bull reserve driver says Marko
Red Bull is clinging to its "reserve driver" Carlos Sainz, according to the energy drink marque's Dr Helmut Marko.
Wolff extends power at Mercedes
Toto Wolff has reportedly upped his pay and "extended his power" at Mercedes ahead of the 2017 season.
FEBRUARY 20, 2017
Hamilton says zero problems with Bottas
Lewis Hamilton on Monday rowed back on comments that had been interpreted as prickly opening salvos to his 2017 campaign.
2017 launch season set to begin
Less than three months after the chequered flag in 2016, F1 is set to burst back into life.
US GP chief almost bought Manor
Former US grand prix chief Tavo Hellmund has admitted he came close to buying the defunct F1 team Manor.
Rosberg yet to respond to Bottas message
Toto Wolff says he has no problem if Mercedes' F1 drivers are 'attack dogs'.
Wehrlein in doubt for second test, Melbourne
Speculation is already mounting that Pascal Wehrlein could miss more than just the start of winter testing next week.
Marchionne not falling in trap of bold targets
Sergio Marchionne has confirmed that Ferrari will keep quiet about bold targets for 2017.
FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Rumours of 4x4 F1 cars, FOTA reunion
A new political storm could be on the horizon for formula one.
Sauber to confirm Wehrlein out for first test
Sauber is set to confirm that Pascal Wehrlein will sit out the start of official pre-season testing in a little over a week.
Marchionne looked silly as 2016 targets failed
Sergio Marchionne has admitted he "looked silly" after his brash target of wins and the title did not materialise in 2016.
FEBRUARY 16, 2017
Mercedes confirms new tech boss Allison
Mercedes has confirmed speculation it has snapped up former Ferrari technical boss James Allison.
FIA denies conflict of interest
F1's governing body has hit back at reports a "conflict of interest" could be set to trigger a full European investigation into the sport.
Sydney eyeing F1 after Liberty Media buyout
Rival city Sydney could use F1's Liberty Media buyout to launch a bid to poach the Australian grand prix.